Nutrition and Depression
- A Refined High Carbohydrate Diet is Associated with Changes in the Serotonin Pathway and Visceral Obesity
- Zinc, Magnesium, Selenium and Depression: A Review of the Evidence, Potential Mechanisms and Implications
- Saffron in the treatment of depression, anxiety and other mental disorders: Current evidence and potential mechanisms of action.
- A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial of saffron stigma (Crocus sativus L.) in mothers suffering from mild-to-moderate postpartum depression.
St John's Wort
In Utero Trauma
- Telegraph Article discussing research suggesting trauma in the womb increasing risk of depression and anxiety
Exercise and Mood
- The Effects of Acute Exercise on Mood, Cognition, Neurophysiology, and Neurochemical Pathways: A Review